CM and Variant Management
11/29/2017 09:00 to 11/29/2017 17:00
elego Software Solutions GmbH
CM and Variant Management
Product lines in software development (SCM-WS3)
The development of software for multi-variant systems presents great challenges to software management. New market- and customer-specific product variants have to be assessed and planned in detail and need to be realized rapidly and at high quality. Particularly configuration and requirements management must be adjusted to these requirements.
This workshop shows how new and proven concepts in product line development can enhance efficiency and quality. Requirement, configuration and change management, including traceability across the entire software lifecycle will be discussed with emphasis on multi-variant systems.
Learn to realise efficient and seamless product line development by appropriately designed variant management. Reduce development cost, improve quality and cut the time-to-market. Gain deeper insight with various real-life examples from our practical experience.
- Application field of variant management and product line development
- When is variant management helpful and useful?
- Design of the development process for variants and product line development
- Implementation of variant management and product line development
Development managers, project managers, product managers, software developers, persons responsible for quality
- Product evolution in the project and product business
- Variability and product lines
- Variant management and product line management
- feature and product families, configurators
- Domain and application engineering, assets
- Meta-models for product lines (feature and family models)
- Variability model (feature model) and variation points
- Re-use, component selection and component filter
- Variant management in the context of the process (CMMI, SPICE,...)
- Requirement management and system designed for variants
- Mapping of variants in the configuration and change management
- When variant management is useful?
- Tools and automation in the variant and product line management
- Transition from project to product business
- Implementation facets of software product lines
- Integration into existing development environment
- Tool support for variant management
- Practical examples
590,00 EUR excluding VAT, including training material
Please use the mail form below to sign up for scheduled events. You will receive a registration acknowledgement via email.
Our training services can also be delivered at your premises. Please use this mail form for your inquiry.