ALM Workshop: Configuration Management
CM and Open Source tools at a glance (SCM-WS1)
Process models can provide guidance for process
optimization, but they generally leave substantial room for
interpretation on their actual implementation.
This seminar provides managers with an outline of configuration management (CM) in support of active development. It will be established that CM is more than just version control, and that it in fact provides a clean foundation for sustainable improvement of development processes.
- Recognizing the relevance of CM for professional software development
- Learning implementation strategies
- Realizing CM using Open Source tools
- What is Configuration Management?
- Definition and complexity of modern CM; positioning in the software development process; relevance for project and product management, QA, accounting, auditing
- CM tasks in detail: identification, change/ problem management, version/ release management, build management
- Overview of commercial and Open Source CM tools, detailed presentation of hand-picked Open Source CM tools:
- Subversion as centralistic system, comparison to Git
- Change/ problem management using Trac, Redmine
- Build management with Hudson/Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Introducing CM:
- CM specific aims according to CMMI
- Implementation strategies for small, medium-sized, and larger businesses
- Approaches to optimization
Business management, development managers, project managers, product managers, software developers, persons responsible for quality
Our training services can also be delivered at your premises and tailored to your requirements.